Native Warm Season Grass Plantings For Turkey, Quail and Small Game
Grassland cover is the second key part of an upland bird habitat plan, and is usually the missing link to restoring or improving turkey and quail populations. Orion has extensive knowledge in the planting and management of native warm season grasses. Let us develop a custom planting plan for your farm to complement your field-edge food plots and fallow areas. Brood cover and bugging areas are two of the key reasons to include native warm season grasses in your farm's habitat management planning. Orion can provide the following native warm season grass services:
- Proper site, grass, and forb species selection for you area,
- Planting either conventional or no-till,
- Pre and post-emerge herbicide application and spot spraying for noxious weed outbreaks,
- Custom burn planning and implementation assistance, and
- Stand monitoring to assure species balance.